Pass Cisco ICND1 100-105 Exam in First Attempt Guaranteed!
Get 100% Real Exam Questions, Accurate & Verified Answers As Seen in the Real Exam!
30 Days Free Updates, Instant Download!
PrepAway Cisco CCENT Practice Test Questions Part 4 100-105 Exam
You are connecting a router to a new Internet connection at your office and you want to provide basic Internet access to all the workers at that location. Your ISP has not allocated any additional public IP’s besides the one used for the connection itself. What must you configure on this router to provide Internet access to these employees?
- A. Static NAT
- B. BGP Routing
- C. OSPF
- D. PAT
- E. IGMP
Port Address Translation (PAT) allows many devices to all be translated to a single IP address. In this case, all of the employee PC’s will connect to the Internet using the single public IP that is assigned to the router’s Internet connection. PAT is a useful tool in conserving IPv4 address space. The router translates all inside devices to its’ outside IP address, and uses the dynamic port information to track the state of the communication between the inside hosts and the Internet hosts.
A - Static NAT is a 1-1 translation of inside hosts to outside IP’s, so a single internal host is mapped to a single outside IP address. Since we have many devices that need to connect to the internet and only a single public IP address, we can not use static NAT. Static NAT is most often used for incoming connections from the Internet to reach a public server, such as a web server.
B - BGP is only useful in a dual homed connection to the Internet. In this case, there is just a single Internet link, so a single static default route should be used.
C - OSPF is an interior routing protocol and can not typically be used for Internet connections.
E - IGMP is used by end hosts and their connected routers to establish multicast group memberships for use in IP multicast networks.
Cisco ICND1 Certification Exam 100-105 Practice Tests
- CCENT Practice Test 1
- CCENT Practice Test 2
- CCENT Practice Test 3
- CCENT Practice Test 4
- CCENT Practice Test 5
- CCENT Practice Test 6
- CCENT Practice Test 7
- CCENT Practice Test 8
- CCENT Practice Test 9
- CCENT Practice Test 10
About 100-105 Exam
The Cisco 100-105 exam validates that an individual is able to conduct operations related to routing technologies, LAN switching technologies, network fundamentals, and infrastructure services and maintenance.
Cisco 100-105 ICND1 is designed in such a manner that it takes 90 minutes to complete the test covering from 45 to 55 questions. The exam is made available in the Japanese and English languages.
The exam is normally associated with various types of certifications, including CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, CCNA Routing & Switching, CCENT, and CCDA. Thus, as you can see, it is a vital test, which you cannot afford to miss out on.
- Routing fundamentals: The candidates are expected to have a better understanding of how to describe the routing concepts, interpret the routing table components, explore dynamic routing and static routing, configure and troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing and RIPv2. In addition, they should be able to describe the process of populating a routing table.
- Network fundamentals: To pass the test, you must have immense knowledge of OSI and TCP/IP models, including their similarities and differences. The individuals should understand the comparison and contrast of TCP and UDP protocols, as well as network topologies and IPv6 address types. The section also focuses on troubleshooting IPv6 addressing and explanation why it is necessary to have private IPv4 addressing.
- LAN switching fundamentals: It relates to configuring and verifying port security, Layer 2 protocols, and inter-switch connectivity. Besides, the candidates should interpret Ethernet frame format, describe switching concepts, and troubleshoot cable issues.
- Infrastructure services: The exam is also interested in the ability of one to describe DNS lookup operation, as well as configure and troubleshoot the NAT and IPv4 access list.
- Infrastructure maintenance: It focuses on using syslog to configure device monitoring, configuring, and verifying initial device configuration, as well as performing device maintenance.
Pearson VUE is the Cisco’s testing delivery partner, through which the 100-105 certification exam is administered worldwide. By visiting its official page, you will be provided with comprehensive instructions on how to register. The candidates can login to their Certification Tracking System profile in order to check the exam history and the status of their certifications.