Pass Cisco ICND1 100-105 Exam in First Attempt Guaranteed!
Get 100% Real Exam Questions, Accurate & Verified Answers As Seen in the Real Exam!
30 Days Free Updates, Instant Download!
PrepAway Cisco CCENT Practice Test Questions Part 2 100-105 Exam
A router on your network is configured for OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP. It also contains some static routes. This router contains the following routes in its routing table:
10.66.1.0/24 known via OSPF
10.66.1.0/24 known via EIGRP
10.66.1.128/25 known via RIP
10.66.1.1.0/24 known via static route.
10.66.1.1.192/26 known via static route.
Based on this information, which route will the router use to reach the destination IP address of 10.66.1.150?
- A. The OSPF route
- B. The EIGRP route
- C. The RIP route
- D. The 10.66.1.0/24 static route
- E. The 10.66.1.192/26 static route
Routers use the administrative distance (AD) of a routing protocol to determine the best route when there are multiple routes to a destination. The administrative distance is a measure of the reliability of a route, and values are assigned to each type of route. The lowest administrative route is then selected. Below are the default values for the administrative distance for Cisco routers:
Route is known by: Administrative Distance:
Connected interface   0
Static route   1
External BGP   20
So in this case the static route has a lower administrative distance so it would be preferred, followed by the EIGRP route. However, before the administrative distance is used to determine the best path, routers use the longest match rule. This means that the most specific route is chosen, and the administrative distance is only consulted if there is equal value in the subnet mask of the route. In this question, the RIP route is preferred even though it has the highest AD because it has a more specific route (/25) than the EIGRP, OSPF, or first static route (/24). The static route of 10.66.1.192/26 is more specific, but it does not contain the destination IP address of 10.66.1.150 so it is not used.
Cisco ICND1 Certification Exam 100-105 Practice Tests
- CCENT Practice Test 1
- CCENT Practice Test 2
- CCENT Practice Test 3
- CCENT Practice Test 4
- CCENT Practice Test 5
- CCENT Practice Test 6
- CCENT Practice Test 7
- CCENT Practice Test 8
- CCENT Practice Test 9
- CCENT Practice Test 10
About 100-105 Exam
The Cisco 100-105 exam validates that an individual is able to conduct operations related to routing technologies, LAN switching technologies, network fundamentals, and infrastructure services and maintenance.
Cisco 100-105 ICND1 is designed in such a manner that it takes 90 minutes to complete the test covering from 45 to 55 questions. The exam is made available in the Japanese and English languages.
The exam is normally associated with various types of certifications, including CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, CCNA Routing & Switching, CCENT, and CCDA. Thus, as you can see, it is a vital test, which you cannot afford to miss out on.
- Routing fundamentals: The candidates are expected to have a better understanding of how to describe the routing concepts, interpret the routing table components, explore dynamic routing and static routing, configure and troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing and RIPv2. In addition, they should be able to describe the process of populating a routing table.
- Network fundamentals: To pass the test, you must have immense knowledge of OSI and TCP/IP models, including their similarities and differences. The individuals should understand the comparison and contrast of TCP and UDP protocols, as well as network topologies and IPv6 address types. The section also focuses on troubleshooting IPv6 addressing and explanation why it is necessary to have private IPv4 addressing.
- LAN switching fundamentals: It relates to configuring and verifying port security, Layer 2 protocols, and inter-switch connectivity. Besides, the candidates should interpret Ethernet frame format, describe switching concepts, and troubleshoot cable issues.
- Infrastructure services: The exam is also interested in the ability of one to describe DNS lookup operation, as well as configure and troubleshoot the NAT and IPv4 access list.
- Infrastructure maintenance: It focuses on using syslog to configure device monitoring, configuring, and verifying initial device configuration, as well as performing device maintenance.
Pearson VUE is the Cisco’s testing delivery partner, through which the 100-105 certification exam is administered worldwide. By visiting its official page, you will be provided with comprehensive instructions on how to register. The candidates can login to their Certification Tracking System profile in order to check the exam history and the status of their certifications.