Pass Cisco ICND1 100-105 Exam in First Attempt Guaranteed!
Get 100% Real Exam Questions, Accurate & Verified Answers As Seen in the Real Exam!
30 Days Free Updates, Instant Download!
PrepAway Cisco CCENT Practice Test Questions Part 1 100-105 Exam
You are installing a new router that is just been purchased with the default configuration. You need to connect to this router’s console port to perform the initial configuration. Which type of cable should you use to connect your PC to this router?
- A. Straight through Ethernet Cable
- B. Fiber Optic Cable
- C. Rollover Cable
- D. Coaxial Cable
- E. Crossover Ethernet Cable
To connect to the router’s console port, you must use a rollover cable. Typically, this is light blue in color and is included in the box that contains the router. This cable is also normally flat while other ethernet cables are round. It is called a rollover cable because the wires contained within it are reversed in order. The pinouts for this cable are 1-3, 2-6, 4-7, and 5-8.
A. Straight through cable, often referred to as a patch cable, is for connecting end devices to switches, or switches to routers. This is a standard ethernet cable using CAT5 or CAT6 cabling with an RJ-45 connector on each end.
B. A fiber optic cable is typically used to connect networking devices, such as routers and switches. These cables are capable of data transmission speeds of up to 100 Gbps, and typically connect to SFP’s.
D. A coaxial cable is used by cable companies for data and video transmission. It is also used to connect router devices to DS3 circuits.
E. A crossover ethernet cable is similar to straight through ethernet cables but the Tx and Rx wires are crossed. These cables were historically used to connect two devices together that reside in the same layer of the OSI model (PC to PC, switch to switch, router to router, etc). However, most newer network devices have auto sensing technology that will detect the type of cable used and will automatically cross the pairs if required, so in this case even a straight through cable could be used to connect two switches together.
Cisco ICND1 Certification Exam 100-105 Practice Tests
- CCENT Practice Test 1
- CCENT Practice Test 2
- CCENT Practice Test 3
- CCENT Practice Test 4
- CCENT Practice Test 5
- CCENT Practice Test 6
- CCENT Practice Test 7
- CCENT Practice Test 8
- CCENT Practice Test 9
- CCENT Practice Test 10
About 100-105 Exam
The Cisco 100-105 exam validates that an individual is able to conduct operations related to routing technologies, LAN switching technologies, network fundamentals, and infrastructure services and maintenance.
Cisco 100-105 ICND1 is designed in such a manner that it takes 90 minutes to complete the test covering from 45 to 55 questions. The exam is made available in the Japanese and English languages.
The exam is normally associated with various types of certifications, including CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, CCNA Routing & Switching, CCENT, and CCDA. Thus, as you can see, it is a vital test, which you cannot afford to miss out on.
- Routing fundamentals: The candidates are expected to have a better understanding of how to describe the routing concepts, interpret the routing table components, explore dynamic routing and static routing, configure and troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing and RIPv2. In addition, they should be able to describe the process of populating a routing table.
- Network fundamentals: To pass the test, you must have immense knowledge of OSI and TCP/IP models, including their similarities and differences. The individuals should understand the comparison and contrast of TCP and UDP protocols, as well as network topologies and IPv6 address types. The section also focuses on troubleshooting IPv6 addressing and explanation why it is necessary to have private IPv4 addressing.
- LAN switching fundamentals: It relates to configuring and verifying port security, Layer 2 protocols, and inter-switch connectivity. Besides, the candidates should interpret Ethernet frame format, describe switching concepts, and troubleshoot cable issues.
- Infrastructure services: The exam is also interested in the ability of one to describe DNS lookup operation, as well as configure and troubleshoot the NAT and IPv4 access list.
- Infrastructure maintenance: It focuses on using syslog to configure device monitoring, configuring, and verifying initial device configuration, as well as performing device maintenance.
Pearson VUE is the Cisco’s testing delivery partner, through which the 100-105 certification exam is administered worldwide. By visiting its official page, you will be provided with comprehensive instructions on how to register. The candidates can login to their Certification Tracking System profile in order to check the exam history and the status of their certifications.